Author Topic: Chaos Script coverage (free script coverage)  (Read 921 times)

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
Chaos Script coverage (free script coverage)
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »
After a general observation on some screenwriting boards, I found that a lot of screenwriters don't like the idea of getting coverage, mainly due to the cost. Why would you pay for feedback, when you can get it some places for free? One simple answer. Film execs love script coverage. It allows them to cut down on a large amount of reading time and it gives them an accurate idea of what a story is about, without having to read the screenplay, themselves. It provides a significant amount of time for their busy schedules.

The benefits of script coverage are blatantly obvious. Yes, you have to pay, but you get some priceless feedback from people who know what it takes to get a script produced.

With script coverage prices quite high as it is, many screenwriters choose to not get their scripts covered. I cannot urge the importance of script coverage enough. That is why a few months back I started my own free script coverage services. All you have to do is apply and have the formatting correct and I'll give it a read and provide coverage.

Please Note!
I am NOT an expert on script coverage. If you sent my script coverage into a film executive, they'd probably laugh at you. Please don't send my reports in for potential producers. That alone, could probably ruin your chances. The main reason I started this service up is simple. I want to give other writers a different take on their work. Script Coverage notes tend to differ from the regular notes you might find on the boards and it might be nice to have a different outlook on your work.

If you're looking to send script coverage in for film producers, you should be aware that they're looking for legitimate script coverage. I am not a legitimate script coverage provider... I'm just a dude who does this stuff to fill in my weekends. I'm sure Babz would agree that if you want jobs, you're going to have to pay up and get the real deal.

Find the website here

Alex

• One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
Re: Chaos Script coverage (free script coverage)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »
Well done Dan.

Had a look at the site and it is great. I hope you get a good response and maybe further down the track you can charge and make a few buck for your efforts.

Got a Job for you though do you do coverage on screenplays that you have co-written?

Regards Alex
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
Cheers, Alex.

I can critique screenplays that I have co-written in the style I would do coverage, but I doubt it can be called "coverage".

Dan

Alex

• One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 05:19:05 PM »

Yep, you definitely would be biased on this one in some aspects, but then again so would I.

Maybe we need a third party for an unbiased opinion.

Regards Alex