Author Topic: TV Soap Proposal  (Read 598 times)

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
TV Soap Proposal
« on: October 10, 2013, 12:03:57 PM »

Hey Guys,

Not sure if any of you guys are keen on this though I thought I would post it up here anyway.

http://www.tv3.ie/careers.php?position=206

Looks like a great opportunity to pitch your work to TV3

Alex
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
Re: TV Soap Proposal
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 12:08:43 PM »
"We would like production companies to present an overview of the production and outline initial budget levels for pre-production and production. We would like to see some review of staffing levels and costs, and most importantly identify the core creative driving forces behind the series.
The TV3 Sony HD Studio facility can be utilised for the proposed production but will still need to be available for other productions within the TV3 schedule. Please specify how you would see us working around that.
We would like applicants to outline how the production would be shot using the studio and what further locations could be needed- either a purpose built set or on location. Please highlight how you create blocks and production patterns and outline how studio/set/location shooting influence production timing."

Are you sure this ad is aimed at writers, specifically, Alex? It looks like they're looking for material from known production companies as opposed to lone writers.

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
Re: TV Soap Proposal
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 12:30:53 PM »
"We would like production companies to present an overview of the production and outline initial budget levels for pre-production and production. We would like to see some review of staffing levels and costs, and most importantly identify the core creative driving forces behind the series.
The TV3 Sony HD Studio facility can be utilised for the proposed production but will still need to be available for other productions within the TV3 schedule. Please specify how you would see us working around that.
We would like applicants to outline how the production would be shot using the studio and what further locations could be needed- either a purpose built set or on location. Please highlight how you create blocks and production patterns and outline how studio/set/location shooting influence production timing."

Are you sure this ad is aimed at writers, specifically, Alex? It looks like they're looking for material from known production companies as opposed to lone writers.

Thanks Dan,

I think they are after a joint effort from a writer and Production Company, I guess the Production company needs the writer with an episode or two to begin with in order to give them a taste of the proposal !!!!

The soap should explore the lives, dreams and hopes of its characters through relationships, conflict, family, human drama, comedy, suspense and romance.

Have to say their request above did give me an "Opposites" moment though it was written for the Aussie market but could easily be adapted. http://forum.writerarena.com/index.php/topic,6245.0.html

Maybe "Dan Botha Productions" and "Alex Sarris" Screenwriter unite. Hee Hee
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:34:05 PM by Alex »