Author Topic: American Horror Story 3  (Read 771 times)

Pia

• Global Moderator
American Horror Story 3
« on: October 10, 2013, 06:47:10 AM »
Cornetto turned me onto AHS awhile back and I zipped through seasons 1 and 2. Tonight at 10pm is the start of AHS season 3. I can't wait!! Anyone else going to watch it?

I didn't used to be a big Jessica Lange fan, but so far, she's been fantastic in this series. I also like that they use a lot of the same actors in the different seasons. Thoughts?   :) 8)

Dave Troop

• Clause
Re: American Horror Story 3
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:09:08 AM »
Missed the first two seasons but I plan to be aboard all this season.
Also Walking Dead starts on Sunday... Woo!

Mr. Blonde

• Sentence
  • The Bishop of Battle
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:00:30 AM »
I don't get the flack that "Asylum" got. The characterizations were awesome; clichés on top of clichés but they were interesting clichés. The one thing I will say is that each season starts off weak but finds its footing after about three episodes or so. One thing that worries me about "Coven" is that they mentioned they were going to go "lighter". Kind of disappointed by that. Also, before Asylum ended, somebody made a suggestion that season 3 should take place in New Orleans and be strictly about Voodoo. I thought that would have been awesome (as I personally find it more interesting than witchcraft), but I can roll with whatever. =)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

irisheyes

• Letter
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »
The first season was brilliant... the 2nd was just too gory and too many plot lines to keep up with. I'm looking forward to the 3rd and I love Kathy Bates(as an actress)  ;) I like that they use pretty much the same cast with different roles each season.

I'm a writer trapped in a man's body
I'm a writer trapped in a man's body

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 01:15:09 PM »
So what does everyone think of the third series so far?   It seems a bit tamer to me than the previous two - we'll have to see how things progress.   I think Kathy Bates is an excellent addition to the cast.

Pia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 11:53:02 PM »
I agree. Which is probably why it has a broader appeal, but for me, I like it a little weirder, darker or edgier.

They definitely has top notch actors. Kathy Bates is an amazing actress and Jessica Lange is just...what's a word more than amazing?  :)

Pia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 04:00:18 AM »
Anyone watched the episode last night? I was a little disappointed by the zombies to be honest.  :-/

Dave Troop

• Clause
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »
I watched.  I love me some zombies for sure, but they really didn't belong.  I know about the zombies and voodoo connection, but every zombie scene will be compared to The Walking Dead.  Not to mention the chain saw cutting a zombie in half stole from the Evil Dead remake.

Pia, I missed the episode prior to this one.  What happened to Franken-Kyle?

Pia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »
Things got weird with Kyle. Turns out he and his mother have a really "special" relationship. He's still around and I imagine that his part will be back and bigger at some point.  :)