Author Topic: New Members  (Read 2200 times)

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
New Members
« on: August 26, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
Hey all,

To all recently joined members !!!! Welcome Guys.

Look forward to you posting and introducing yourselves when you feel comfortable doing so.

We are nice guys here at WA and will help you out no matter how new or experienced to Screenwriting you are.

If you want to post at the bottom of this thread, please feel free.

To all existing members let's aim to hit the 100 mark by Christmas or sooner. This will require you guys introducing as many of your screenwriting buddies to WA. "YOU CAN DO IT" Rob Schneider

After all the more successful we make WA the more we will all benefit from it.

Regards Alex

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:36:01 PM by Alex »
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
Re: New Members
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
To all existing members let's aim to hit the 100 mark by Christmas or sooner. This will require you guys introducing as many of your screenwriting buddies to WA. "YOU CAN DO IT" Rob Schneider

A few new members over the last week so someone must have read this !!!!!

Good work !!!!!

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »
Since nobody has posted here I thought I would give it a go.

My name is Alex and I am an "Aries". Some do say I'm attractive, though to date only my mother has...

I like long romantic walks along the beach barefoot at sunset. Or should I say "bearfoot" Hee Hee.

I like fast cars and fast women, though have neither.

For "Fathers Day" this Sunday I hope to get "Socks, Jocks and a Naughty" though all three are usually 2 sizes too big.

I have a passion for screenwriting and feel my life would not be complete without it. I once was asked to write a screenplay for an adult movie though had no idea how to spell the sounds. "AaaaaHHH, Ooooohhh, Eeeeehhh"

Look forward to more followers on this thread.

Regards Alex
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:36:33 AM by Alex »

Danny

• Word
  • Be nice to me, I'm new here.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:03:19 PM »
Hello people, I hope we are all well.
I'm 32 yrs old and have a passion for for T.V and film. And over the last year I finally started putting ideas down on paper. This is a lot harder than it sounds for me because I never finished year 9.
In the last 12 months I've completed units in CGEA, Certified general education for adults. But as you've already worked out  my literacy is still a working  progress. And thank you in advance for you patients.
The people I have interacted with in this group have been nothing short of fantastic.
Thank you for you kindness

I love T.V Sopranos, The Wire, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire. I draw the line at Breaking Bad and The Sons Of Anarchy, But still I watch them.
Also live British humour Only Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers, The Office and of course Red Dwarf.

I'm writing like crazy and will be posting Screenplays but they will be very novice compared to yours. Don't hold back on constructive criticism . . .How will ever improve without it.

I cut corners and try to take the short cut in life, I'm trying to change that.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
I just got accepted into TAFE next year, I'll be learning film and television.

I'm not interested in writing a script in the hope that some big shot studio will read it. I'm going into this as a career. And it don't matter where you start. What does matter is completely . . . different for everyone.
I'm learning everyday and I'm growing in every aspect.
3 months ago I was in prison, I went in with a high-school education of  13 yr, but  Walked out with a high school diploma. Them certificates just got me into TAFE.
I've always done well I've had paying jobs and was active in criminal activity Was  a successful boxer have street cred. Massive drug problem (Although I'm 16 months clean) domestic violence towards women. Can't drink alcohol or go out at night time because It makes my A.L.C syndrome flare up. If you're wondering what that stands for . . .When i drink I ACT LIKE A C***!!!  My parents have always been there for me even after police dug up the brand new paving and found, well doesn't matter what they found the point is my parents stood by me. I'm living in a granny flat that I paid for at my parents house. Always new one day it would come in handy, and guess what it came in handy.
I'm good-looking a charmer and selectively arrogant and extremely violent or more accurately extremely violent with style. I'm extremely funny and have a masterful skill of manipulating people. I have slightly slurred speech, thanks to boxing and drugs, add the fact that I was boxing on drugs. and have found a new way of surviving socially without being me.

I have always loved film and T.V and this is now my direction. I could easily have kept being and observer of my life an watching myself do things that I didn't want to do. (Before the last stint in jail I was debt collecting for a drug dealer) I can no longer keep doing the easy things. I have a vision and a passion and determination, it all came free with my self destruct button.
18 months ago I decided to pull away from the life I was living.
12 months ago I decided to get the tickets I needed for Film and Television
And when I joined Writer arena I decided not to use spell check.
I aim for my scripts to be professional as they can, but anything actors directors or producers need clarifying on. I'll be there to clarify. It's not about money. or about success. This is my last option (passion wise) I wanted to be a pro boxer but drugs and cigarettes didn't go well with that life style, but i still boxed state titles.
Before that I was drug dealer for a while. And learnt an important lesson the hard way.
There is always someone bigger than you around the corner. And then I worked my way up at a big company while steeling more than I was earning.
I have confidence in myself. And story's that you'd think were story's
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:35:27 PM by Alex »

SteveM

• Letter
  • Be nice to me, I'm new here.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
Hi there,

recently stumbled over from SS, so still learning to navigate my way around the boards here.

Decided a couple of years ago to commit my free-time to screenwriting and what I’ve learnt since then, from online forums especially, has been invaluable.  This seems like a great writing community to continue to learn.  Looking forward to getting involved.

Steve.

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 11:18:15 PM »
Welcome Danny and Steve.

The more you put into WA, the more you'll get out of it.

Hope to see you guys around and help out wherever I can.

Regards Alex

Jeremiah Johnson

• Letter
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 04:25:09 AM »
I too had stumbled here from SS.  I had forgotten (sorry!) that I had signed up here, but got an email about the logline challenge.  Already submitted an entry.  Hope to keep up here, but my freakin job keeps getting in the way!  Oops, I'm at work now!

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 08:40:16 AM »
Welcome Jerimiah! Good to see you here!

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
Welcome Jeremiah.

Look forward to reading your Logline and possibly your script in the following challenge.

Please submit as many loglines as you can compile as it will make the challenge sooooo much more interesting.

Hope to see you around WA more.

Regards Alex

Manowar

• Letter
  • Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy night
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 11:23:55 PM »
So I've been a member at SS since beginning of Summer and only recently discovered Babz' threads over there--very enlightening and entertaining--and through her threads, learned about Writer Arena. Figured I'd use the same profile name and even the same profile pic here... I'm thrifty like that.

I have about a dozen SP's under my belt since the 90s--please don't ask about the first three as they are the epitome of bad writing (and for that matter, the next three weren't much of an upgrade). Landed a manager in '02 or '03 and stayed with him a little over a year. Bad experience. Left a bad taste. Dropped screenwriting altogether (and matriculated back to TV writing, my original love) until 2010 when that damn SP bug bit me again and I finally had my writer's epiphany in terms of style and structure. It was as if I was reborn, as hokey as that sounds. Wrote several SPs since that I'm very proud of and they are currently faring well in various SP contests, waiting to hear on final results.

SO you can blame Babz for my entry here. Look forward to her offerings on WA as well as those from others.

Dave Troop

• Clause
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 12:17:50 AM »
Manowar..
Welcome to Writer Arena. 
There are many former and current members of SS here as you may have noticed. 
We mostly concentrate on writing...not so much on the bs and bashing...which is why I prefer it here.
So welcome aboard and please enter Writing Challenge #5 !!

Jeremiah Johnson

• Letter
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 06:28:12 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I continue to work on my writing as much as I can.  I don't mind some bashing on me, if it's warranted.  I've been bashed on for 46 years, so my skin is pretty thick.  I like the fact that you want to encourage the positive criticism, which is sorely missing in the world today.

Hope I can help out here if I can.

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 12:05:14 AM »

Wow.... Just noticed all the new members flocking in, some familiar names from SS and some new names though either way, welcome guys and look forward to getting to know you all.

Should you wish to introduce yourself, feel free to post on this thread.

Regards Alex

Nybabz

• Babz
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 07:35:12 AM »
Hi all, and a hearty welcome. Thanks for the kind words about the show, Manowar. I am on the hunt! I need low budget gems from writers who are unproduced so as to perhaps help them get a credit and a few bux, I need faith inspired pieces, edgy thrillers and thanks to the folks begin so great on this site; horror. But it's got to have an Insidious vibe meaning no slasher, not the whole cutting thing. Hugs to all, at your service as I make HERSTORY: BABZ

alffy

• Word
  • Be nice to me, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 04:51:19 AM »
Hello there fellow writers, I'm English (don't hold that against me) and I ... oh balls most of you know me from Simplyscripts anyway so I'll leave it at 'hello'.