Author Topic: Screenwriters Anonymous  (Read 1427 times)

Nybabz

• Babz
Re: Screenwriters Anonymous
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
I think this is a great idea, coming here to vent about how tough this hobby/pursuit is for the writer. I think I'm going to start one for agents to come in an do this using an alias and it has to be a real alias so that no one can trace it back. and they couldn't use real client names but just a place to vent you know like: "man, I love this writer and this script and I pitched my heart out and all I heard was 'it's not EXACTLY' what we are looking for.'"

Now, what shall we call this AGENT'S STEAM ROOM HANG OUT?

Nybabz

• Babz
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »
A S R H O
H O A R S (LOL)
S H A R O
H A R O S
:)

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 05:01:31 PM »
Now, what shall we call this AGENT'S STEAM ROOM HANG OUT?

How about "The Sodium Pentothal Room" or maybe just "The Pentothal Room"

For those not in the know, Sodium Pentothal is truth Serum.

Hee Hee
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Steex

• Punctuation
  • See you at the party, Richter
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
Steam-room Hang-out Agent Time
or SHAT for short.  ;)
I'm not even supposed to be here today.
I'm not even supposed to be here today.

Jeremiah Johnson

• Letter
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 12:03:08 AM »
I haven't posted on here or anywhere else in a while.  Work has taken my time and sucked my creative juices.  I am taking a couple of months off starting in May and hope to return to some writing.  I have been considering putting some of my screenplays to novels or short stories.  It seems like most of the movies made are from novels.  Even Silver Linings Playbook was from a first time novel writer and his first novel.  I'm going to stick my head in there and see how I do with my next story idea, but will also try to parallel it with a screenplay version.  I just hope my wife will leave me alone enough to get it done!!!

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 09:20:37 AM »
I haven't posted on here or anywhere else in a while.  Work has taken my time and sucked my creative juices.  I am taking a couple of months off starting in May and hope to return to some writing.  I have been considering putting some of my screenplays to novels or short stories.  It seems like most of the movies made are from novels.  Even Silver Linings Playbook was from a first time novel writer and his first novel.  I'm going to stick my head in there and see how I do with my next story idea, but will also try to parallel it with a screenplay version.  I just hope my wife will leave me alone enough to get it done!!!

Hey Jeremiah,

This is exactly what I am doing ATM. Nearly half way through a novel based on my screenplay, Evanesce.

Go for it.

Jeremiah Johnson

• Letter
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 03:02:05 AM »
Alex,

Thanks for the encouragement.  Not sure if I have the "chops" for novels.  The one I am going to start on, I don't have a screenplay for yet.  I will try to do them in tandem.  I'm going to go back and try to make novels and short stories out of all my screenplays.  I'm not getting any younger, so I might as well get them started and see where it takes me.

Overall, I just hope they turn out to be enjoyable reads.  You can't please everyone, but I'm going to write them my way for sure.  Good luck with yours!

JJ