I played a similar game to this when I joined Script Frenzy last year. Truth is, I played more of these games than actually working on my entry.
Here's another game that could go on for a while.
The idea of the game is pretty simple. Collaboratively, members are encouraged to write a screenplay, using only 5 words per post. Players should try and keep the story making sense, although as it is a game, I doubt anyone is going to kick up a big fuss if it doesn't quite work out.Rules
1) You are limited to 5 words per script passage. However, you may still discuss the script in brackets if you wish. For example, if you have a question, you'd write it like this (Who's turn is it?)
2) You must take part in the game if you're going to post to the thread. You can't just post a question without your five-word entry. In order to ask the question, you should take part in the game. Or, you could just private message me.
3) Character names above lines of dialogue do not count as a word. However, everything else counts, including transitions and parentheticals.
4) Players can add punctuation wherever they want. They do not count as words.
5) There is no aim of the game. However, if anyone has suggestions on how we can change this game to have an objective for players, please let me know via PM.
6) Have fun.
7) Abusive comments will be deleted (as usual for the entire boards)
Formatting is not too important. Write whatever way works for you in this game.Example of how to playPoster #1:
INT. BARN - EARLY EVENING
of hay bales, packed toPoster #3
the roof. Mice creep around
Questions? Post in brackets or PM me.
I'll get this show on the road...EXT - HIGHWAY - NIGHT