Author Topic: Anyone have any scripts on InkTip?  (Read 1763 times)

Pia

• Global Moderator
Anyone have any scripts on InkTip?
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:07:21 AM »
In the past when I have used InkTip, I have got a bunch of companies including Hollywood studios checking out the loglines and sometimes even the synops. I put a script up there back in May, but noticed a big difference. Not only are there almost no companies looking, but the few that are, are small time nobodies. Add to this that InkTip is always begging for people to let them know if anyone has sold or optioneda script so they can promote that and I'm thinking, maybe InkTip is not doing that well or something else has changed. Or maybe it's just my scripts, which is a possibility too. I'm just starting to wonder if the $69 or whatever it is is worth it. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:09:07 AM by Pia »

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
Re: Anyone have any scripts on InkTip?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »
Hey Pia,

Thanks for the post. I have 2 features that will be market ready shortly, and have been considering Inktip as it is an easy way to get read (pay some dosh get read), though by the sounds of it, maybe not.

The reason I asked for agents details in another post, is because one of the features is a comedy and has been written with Jack Black and Alyson Hannigan in mind and I feel the characters would be perfect played by these thespians. (I can only dream)

Once market ready I was going to solicit them and hope they love it !!! You never know !!! If I can get read by them interested and they put there name to it, then maybe I can get in through a back door. It's not only about the writing !!!!!

I feel any screenwriter promoting their work needs to look at all avenues of marketing and test the waters.

Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained !!!!!

Regards Alex
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:14:05 AM by Alex »
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

denamckinnon

• Word
  • Be nice, or I'll turn you into a frog.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
 I have used ink tip in the past ...My logs too get a lot of views...but less views on my synopsis. I've never had one go past the synopsis and ask for the script, because I did not post the scripts there....I thought it was a waste of money. Now the ink tip leads that's another story. With the preferred newsletter, I've been asked for scripts before so to me....the better deal is the preferred newsletter...although it's $50 I think if you don't have a script listed and $25 if you do have a script listed.

I recently finished another feature and asked an agent if they were interested. They said put it on ink tip. I don't think I'm going to do that...think I'll begin marketing it myself instead, and see if I can get some bites. I am low on cash so where I put my money..it has to count now.

Nybabz

• Babz
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 08:13:40 AM »
Here's the numbers for me:
SIX CASH OPTIONS - not a dollar, either
TWO SCRIPTS SOLD CASH MONEY - not a dollar either
TWO OPTIONS FOR SOLID CASH MONEY - you guessed it, not a dollar
SCRIPT SOLD AND SHOT - TV
In four years.  My clients put stuff up there for mostly one reason; an inexpensive way to catch someone's eye. It's not a career maker by any means. But, if you want your name out there, it's killer smart. As far as 'begging' for stats, it's a must; when I went down there to meet with them I learned that it's not only an external motivational force for the writer, but an internal motivating force for the staff.
In short, flip a coin.
BB

Nybabz

• Babz
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 08:22:14 AM »
I have used ink tip in the past ...My logs too get a lot of views...but less views on my synopsis. I've never had one go past the synopsis and ask for the script, because I did not post the scripts there....I thought it was a waste of money. Now the ink tip leads that's another story. With the preferred newsletter, I've been asked for scripts before so to me....the better deal is the preferred newsletter...although it's $50 I think if you don't have a script listed and $25 if you do have a script listed.

I recently finished another feature and asked an agent if they were interested. They said put it on ink tip. I don't think I'm going to do that...think I'll begin marketing it myself instead, and see if I can get some bites. I am low on cash so where I put my money..it has to count now.
YEP - IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT MARKET YOU. You have to do it anyway. So why not try to market your work? It's super smart. There's lots of blogs, sites and more. It's a matter of getting out there and trying to get your slice. I will help if I can. bb

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:40:28 AM »
Here's the numbers for me:
SIX CASH OPTIONS - not a dollar, either
TWO SCRIPTS SOLD CASH MONEY - not a dollar either
TWO OPTIONS FOR SOLID CASH MONEY - you guessed it, not a dollar
SCRIPT SOLD AND SHOT - TV
In four years.  My clients put stuff up there for mostly one reason; an inexpensive way to catch someone's eye. It's not a career maker by any means. But, if you want your name out there, it's killer smart. As far as 'begging' for stats, it's a must; when I went down there to meet with them I learned that it's not only an external motivational force for the writer, but an internal motivating force for the staff.
In short, flip a coin.
BB

Thanks Babz great advice as usual.

Looks like Inktip is making more money than the writers using it.

I think if you have work that is quality and the dosh to throw out promoting yourself, then why not.

Alex

denamckinnon

• Word
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:47:55 AM »
WOWZER Babz! Those stats blow me out of the water! Very surprised but it's good news I guess! I'll cough up the money and put a few on there. Thanks for sharing...maybe it is worth it.

Nybabz

• Babz
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 02:27:34 PM »
I am pretty sure I left out at least two; but I didn't want to do that for any other reason than DATA. This business is often too FEELING oriented. I think it's my job to hold your string, WHILE YOU SOAR. I have been really a fan of IT because I took the time to get to know them, as many of you know. I flew down there on my own dime and interviewed all of the people who were to be involved with SBA because I don't live down there. I wanted, no wait, I required accountability. I was kind in asking for it, and got it. Not everyone LOVES IT. Not everyone LOVES Screenplayreaders. Not everyone LOVES me. But if you find that you are getting a solid crackle by being on IT? Then good. If not, there's ME HERE FOR YOU! Or, try both. That said, we had two things go well this year for clients, that's it. It's been horrible for all of them and me (probably why I gravitated towards the book the DIP.) I had to seriously decide if I am helping my clients OR wasting my time; Ed and I had a sit down. In short, he believes my participation far outweighs any reason to stop; he said, "Babz, it's not time to stop. It's time to floor it." That sound you heard was me getting jazzed. Here if needed, and grateful: Babz

denamckinnon

• Word
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 11:39:21 PM »
BABZ...for all you do for all of us...especially ME, you are AWESOME and I probably don't say it enough, but thank you. I think you will be blessed for all the hard work you put into it! If I can just get a damn feature someone wants to PAY for, I'll be at your front door with more than chocolate!!! haha :) But really you rock. You are awesome. And we are very very grateful for you! Have a super good weekend! I'm gonna be in Cali this week! I'll wave from San Fran! :) Cheers!

Nybabz

• Babz
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 01:26:17 AM »
GIRL YOU ROCK JUST KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING! Safe travels. BB

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 12:25:15 AM »

Hey guys,

Just to let you guys know, I have posted a few logs of my shorts on Inktip a couple of weeks back and have had 4-5 emails from producers showing interest. I was really surprised.

Just to let you guys know it's also free to post shorts on Inktip.

Regards Alex

Reef Dreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 12:32:50 AM »
yeah i had quite a lot of feedback on the loglines - nothing stuck but the interest was better than anything else so far

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 12:44:59 AM »
yeah i had quite a lot of feedback on the loglines - nothing stuck but the interest was better than anything else so far

Thanks Bill,

I think any shorts I want to get out there from now on will be posted on Inktip before some other sites.

I'm impressed by it when it comes to shorts.

Alex

Jeremiah Johnson

• Letter
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 03:50:41 AM »
I posted one short script and within a week was contacted by two people interested in making it.  So far, I'm impressed.

Hawkeye

• Letter
  • Say my name
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 04:22:23 AM »
I wonder whether the Black List has eaten into Ink Tip's customer base?  I've used neither, but I also don't have a feature length script ready for views yet.  I think Black List is more expensive than Ink Tip, but may have larger production companies looking.  Could be wrong on that, though.
No more half-measures.
No more half-measures.