Author Topic: Two-sentence horror story game  (Read 886 times)

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
Two-sentence horror story game
« on: August 11, 2013, 09:43:17 AM »
Okay, so we have a few of these floating around. The idea behind this game is no different from other forums games we have going. Reddit recently issued a challenge out to redditors to come up with the scariest horror story they could think of in two or less sentences. Some of the entries were surprisingly terrifying. Examples below:

The doctors told the amputee he might experience a phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moments though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand.

I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I though it was the window until I heard it come from the mirror again.

Or, my personal favorite...

I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”

Challenge issued to everyone. Come up with a two sentence horror story that is just as scary as those.

What I love about them, is most of them would make for brilliant one-page scripts. Hopefully, you guys get inspired to write some one-pagers after having a look at this thread.

Here's my own personal attempt:

"I reached out for the doorknob. Another hand was already there."

Dave Troop

• Clause
Re: Two-sentence horror story game
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:18:16 AM »
The doctor's face grew serious as he bluntly informed me I had six months to live.   After a few minutes of numbness, I rose to leave, smiled, then casually informed him that he had only two.

Reef Dreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:29:47 AM »
Somewhat anxious about her new cocktail dress, Sarah checked her baby was asleep then dashed to the hallway mirror to apply her lipstick. Once finished, she stood back to see the face in the mirror rocking the child in it's arms, a face of disgust.

Khamanna

• Word
  • Be nice to me, I'm new here.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 04:36:05 PM »
"I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”"

Hey Daniel, this is inspiring. I'll think about my two sentences then.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »
In the mirror while he was shaving, he saw his wife pass by the bathroom door on her way to bed.  Moments later he crept downstairs to turn off the television, only to find his wife fast asleep on the couch.     

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »
On the far side of Loch Lomond lives a possessed Jack Flannigan, who seeks revenge against the descendants of those that turned his life into a living HELL.
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 09:38:55 AM »
On the far side of Loch Lomond lives a possessed Jack Flannigan, who seeks revenge against the descendants of those that turned his life into a living HELL.

Alex, that's one sentence.

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
Alex, that's one sentence.

Oops sorry Michael !!!! Forgot that 1 + 1 =2 Hee Hee

On the far side of a dark and dreary Loch Lomond lives a possessed Jack Flannigan. He seeks revenge against the descendants of those that turned his life into a living HELL.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 08:41:50 PM »
He sits up in bed, surrounded by darkness, silent, listening. Then he hears the footsteps -- on the roof.

Reef Dreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 10:37:16 PM »
As part of his ritual before killing his victim, the muder shaved the head of his long haired, female prisoner. Finished, he lifted the long blade to her throat, only to see the loose hair tie itself together and rise like a cobra behind her, whilst she smiled back at him.

rookies

• Letter
  • Be nice to me, I'm new here.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 05:50:12 AM »
 Tori Bailey, (18), A college freshman punches the key pad upon her new media card reader laptop computer in her dorm room, Suddenly her mother calls upon the laptop, And tells her that Same her childhood pet cat since the age of 10 dies.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:45:44 AM by rookies »

Reef Dreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 05:54:07 AM »
Giving this one a bump...decent idea.

"Working at the nursing home, Sarah often put flowers by gravestones - in remembrance - for her elderly patients. As she left the graveyard, she realised she had chosen the wrong stone and returned to move them, only to discover they had gone."