Author Topic: Frankenstein's Army (2013)  (Read 680 times)

Writer Arena

• Administrator
Frankenstein's Army (2013)
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/v/6m-ZUj9bmjE&fs=1

Frankenstein's Army may seem like just another low-budget found-footage film, but it's not.  Besides being disturbing, creepy, and gory, it's also quite an inventive film that's sometimes a bit zany.   Whilst I probably wouldn't qualify it as one of my favourite films, I did like the film and would  recommend it to people who aren't put off by a bit of gore along with their weirdness.

The film centers on a group of Russian soldiers that are pre-invading Germany just before the end of World War II.  Though it takes at least half an hour they eventually stumble on the town where Dr. Frankenstein (his son not the original one) is doing his gruesome experiments, trying to create the ultimate human being (with metal appendages, of course).   The town is pretty much deserted but it doesn't take long for the troop to determine something odd is up.

The rest of the movie is spent battling the monsters that are reminiscent of Del Toro, which I must admit at first made me laugh but later they became rather menacing.  After most of the troop, and some additional Nazi's are gone - there is a twist and the camera man finally meets the Doctor.  We are brought directly into the Doctor's insane world.   

What pleased me the most about this movie was that there was a point toward the end where I was expecting something would happen and the filmmaker must have realized what I was thinking because the film kept playing with the idea even going so far as to verbalise it - but then it didn't happen.  So, kudos for surprising me by not doing what I expected as the logical.   

Despite being low-budget, found-footage, and a wee bit slow in the beginning, you should watch this film if the subject interests you.  It's deserves the honorary Frankenstein in the title. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:13:44 AM by Writer Arena »

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
Re: Frankenstein's Army (2013)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:32:25 PM »
Thanks Michael for that detailed Review and it sounds like a worthwhile watch.

I assume it went straight to video/Netflix ???

Regards Alex
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Manowar

• Letter
  • Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy night
Re: Frankenstein's Army (2013)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »
Actually looks fun. Not expecting much in the "scare" department, but looks like a nice setup for a fun ride.