Author Topic: The Arena Theme  (Read 917 times)

Writer Arena

• Administrator
The Arena Theme
« on: July 31, 2013, 05:17:22 PM »
It's only partly finished because I had to, yet again, try a different way to get it to work.   I finally found a good way to approach it, so I see no reason not to give you a quick peek at the theme.  Only, remember, it's not done so some pages will look sloppy.  The main page is there and the others are there to varying degrees.   You can switch to this theme to have a squizz from the theme selector on the portal page.   I would recommend switching back after you take a look because there's still too much missing to make it your normal theme.

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
Re: The Arena Theme
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »

It looks Cool Michael though I'm happy to keep using the "Reference" one ATM.!!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:32:20 PM by Alex »
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:14:34 PM »
It's ok, Alex.  You can keep using Reference.  The Arena theme will be the default for the site.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 03:32:28 PM »
The default theme for the site is now set to Arena.     The pages used by moderators and admin aren't quite done yet but all of the pages visible by regular members should be complete.  If you notice a page that isn't done or if a page doesn't quite look right then send me the url and let me know what you think looks wrong.

Arena is using some newer styling technologies so if you're using an older browser then you might want to use another theme.

One benefit to using Arena is that it's somewhat responsive and so should be useable on your phone and tablet (it's not perfect but I'm certain it's an improvement on using other templates).  Enjoy.

I'm going to take a break from doing the styling for at least a week (unless there's any weird problems I need to fix). 

Michael

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »
The default theme for the site is now set to Arena.     The pages used by moderators and admin aren't quite done yet but all of the pages visible by regular members should be complete.  If you notice a page that isn't done or if a page doesn't quite look right then send me the url and let me know what you think looks wrong.

Arena is using some newer styling technologies so if you're using an older browser then you might want to use another theme.

One benefit to using Arena is that it's somewhat responsive and so should be useable on your phone and tablet (it's not perfect but I'm certain it's an improvement on using other templates).  Enjoy.

I'm going to take a break from doing the styling for at least a week (unless there's any weird problems I need to fix). 

Michael

Take that well-deserved break Michael  8)

Reef Dreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 04:26:38 AM »
Michael - is there a reason i don't have the shout function - the hello one - on my iPad? I do on my Mac.

just wondered

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »
Probably because of the screen size of your iPad.  This is part of the way things work responsively on the site,  it goes down from 3 progressively to 1 column on a phone. 

Dave Troop

• Clause
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Dream Reefer,

I had a similar problem with my Kindle Fire. 
If you go to the Theme Select feature and change the theme to Arena, the Shout Box should reappear. 
Hopefully this will work.
Cheers
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:55:05 AM by Dave Troop »