Author Topic: Things that don't annoy you  (Read 675 times)

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
Things that don't annoy you
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:21:01 PM »
Right, so we've had the things that annoy us. I thought it was time to take a look at the more positive sides of life and look at some things that make us happy.

I don't know about the rest of you, but finding the positive things in life is actually a lot harder than finding the negative. I get the feeling that we tend to steer towards the negatives because they're easier to find. When posting this thread, for example, I was struggling to think of things that don't annoy me. By "don't annoy me" I mean things that are the complete opposite from annoying... Weird things that you like.

Here I go...

Frosty mornings
Don't ask why, but I love waking up to find that frost has settled on my lawn. It typically means the air is crisp and the day is going to be hot later on.

Smell of petrol
If I told a doctor this, I'm pretty sure they'd be a little concerned for my health. I'll clear it up... I don't go out LOOKING to sniff petrol or anything like that. I just appreciate the distinct smell when you stop at a petrol station (gas station) to fill up. I can't explain it.

Sleep
I don't think I have to explain this one...

Chocolate
Don't have to explain this one either...

Writing
I doubt this would be a rare thing to find on a screenwriting discussion board. Funnily enough, I like to write. Surprise!  :P

Honestly, I'm glad I turned to writing things. Whether as a hobby or a profession, I doubt I'll ever stop writing. Having an addictive personality, once I get involved with certain activities I don't like stopping. With writing, I started just over a year ago and I haven't even contemplated quitting.

Name the things that don't annoy you.

Dan

Mr. Blonde

• Sentence
  • The Bishop of Battle
Re: Things that don't annoy you
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »
I can agree with a few of those. Smell of gasoline, sleep and chocolate. In addition to the gasoline, I also like the smell of hydrogen peroxide. Just one of those things. As for new additions:

Everything strawberry-flavored... except strawberries. It could be anything; strawberry ice cream, strawberry milk, strawberry-filled chocolates. Literally, anything that isn't strawberries. That isn't to say I won't eat strawberries, but it needs something with sugar to off-set the bitter flavor.

Okay, what the hell? I'm trying to think of more, but can't. I'll see if I can add to this in the morning because I have a pretty pathetic list.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Mr. Blonde

• Sentence
  • The Bishop of Battle
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:30:14 AM »
Okay, I thought of something else that don't annoy me.

Clocks. I always like knowing what time it is. The more clocks that are around, the easier it is to know.

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:43:07 AM »
Clocks. I always like knowing what time it is. The more clocks that are around, the easier it is to know.

But, what if they keep you up at night? There's nothing worse late at night, when you can't get to sleep and all of a sudden you tune into the ticking of the clock.

Dan

Mr. Blonde

• Sentence
  • The Bishop of Battle
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:45:59 AM »
I find it soothing, personally, but then again, I only own digital clocks. I will say that I have a big problem with cuckoo clocks, though... =)

Dave Troop

• Clause
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 01:42:18 PM »
Ice cream. 
I don't think there's anything ice cream could ever do to annoy me.
There's no bad ice cream.
Ice cream is always there when I need it.
When I am sad, ice cream always makes me feel better.

Yep, me and ice cream.  Good times.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »
Snoring
I think it's funny actually.  And if you've ever been in a place where a dozen or so people are sleeping and there's a chorus of snoring - it's hysterical.

tailbest

• Word
  • The Count of Monte Fisto
    • Random Goodness
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 08:53:51 AM »
Snoring
I think it's funny actually.  And if you've ever been in a place where a dozen or so people are sleeping and there's a chorus of snoring - it's hysterical.

Wish I had your tolerance for people who snore. I go from calm, cool and collected to the raging Hulk in half a second with someone snoring.
Why don't we just...wait here for a little while...see what happens?
Why don't we just...wait here for a little while...see what happens?