Author Topic: I lost interest  (Read 757 times)

Pia

• Global Moderator
I lost interest
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »
Something weird happened this weekend. Just like that, I lost interest in screenwriting. Some other things got my interest instead.

I also keep getting emails/pm's from people wanting to co-write. Really? Find your own stories!!!

So yeah, I think I might actually quit. I came, I glimpsed,  I didn't conquered... On to new things!   8)

Writer Arena

• Administrator
Re: I lost interest
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 02:21:30 PM »
Well, you know you're always welcome here however it turns out.

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »
So yeah, I think I might actually quit. I came, I glimpsed,  I didn't conquered... On to new things!   8)

I am still in shock over this !!! If Anything, I felt that you are the one person we all aspire to follow.

Pia, I really do wish you all the best with whatever you choose to do, though remember screenwriting is like syphilis, once you have it in your blood, there's no going back.

I hope you do stick around.

Regards Alex
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Dave Troop

• Clause
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I hope this is just a temporary bad reaction to seeing Shsrknado!

Pia,  I wish you nothing but the best. 
And remember...this is just the soul searching "all is lost " section just before the triumphant victory in Act Three! 

Pia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 10:33:37 PM »
Thanks, but seriously, there are too many things I want to do in my life and I honestly feel I've gone as far as I'm going to go with screenwriting. There are many more things I want to give a try in life. Screenwriting has taken up enough of my time. That's all.  :)

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 11:22:58 PM »
Thanks, but seriously, there are too many things I want to do in my life and I honestly feel I've gone as far as I'm going to go with screenwriting. There are many more things I want to give a try in life. Screenwriting has taken up enough of my time. That's all.  :)

Thanks Pia,

Well I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do and hope you drop back sometimes to let us know what you're up to.

Regards Alex

Pia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 03:30:42 AM »
I will still be here. I'm just not writing.  :)

EdBeach

• Letter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:17:18 AM »
That part's good, at least. I hate to sound this way, but some of us need you here. OK, maybe just me...which is probably not that good of reason to hang around...y'know, I think I should just stop typing now.

But I hope you doing OK. About two weeks ago I had the flu and felt so bad I was close to posting every note, partial script, story idea and accompanying research and letting someone try and make something out of them because I really thought I was done for.

I'll look forward to hearing more from you and watching the body of work you already have out there get produced.

...and Sharknado came at the height of my illness (I can't blame my sickness on it nor credit it with healing). I only remember a rubbery looking shark flying through the air (twitching as it flew) and (I think) Tara Reid screaming. I don't have much memory from the night of July 11 so I only have one really odd image of this film in my head and no idea how it ended.

Reef Dreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 06:39:10 AM »
Hey Pia,

It does sound like you've been v working hard recently, at least you need a break.

Maybe one day you will find it fun again. A monthly MP challenge is somewhat different to flogging your guts out on a low budget thriller for a rather demanding producer who's not paying you enough, if at all.

Look after yourself.

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »
I will admit I was a little upset when I first read this thread. I think it's clear from the replies to this thread that you will continue to set an example for us all. Please please please still stick around, though.  :P

Wish you all the very best for your future projects. Keep us posted on what's going on.

Dan

Mo

• Word
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 09:54:17 PM »
Very surprised, Pia. I'm a little baffled but I respect your decision. It's strange too because you've got an undeniable talent for writing scripts and I wouldn't let such a talent go to waste.