Author Topic: Dream Script.  (Read 566 times)

Mr. Blonde

• Sentence
  • The Bishop of Battle
Dream Script.
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »
Every screenwriter has it. That one script, above all the others, that you would give anything to see filmed exactly how you've envisioned it in your head. If money were no issue and you controlled every inch of the production to see it come to fruition shot-for-shot. Is this a script you've already written or is it an idea that's yet to come? If it hasn't been written yet, why not? Are you trying to get it down perfectly in your head before venturing out with it or has this amazing idea not hit you yet?
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Pia

• Global Moderator
Re: Dream Script.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:32:09 PM »
Savage Frontier was my second script I ever wrote. It was for a OWC at SS in -06. Western. General Store.

My feature legnth version of it is my best script! Extremely strong script that is completely plotted in my head. The reason I have not written it yet is that I don't feel ready as a writer to do it justice. It is a VERY strong drama. With four major "cry" moments.

Oh, forgot to mention it is a lesbian western...  :D

Mr. Blonde

• Sentence
  • The Bishop of Battle
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 01:23:49 PM »
My own personal one is a war movie my brother and I have been plotting for years. We've never bothered to script it because no studio in their right mind would touch it. The thing would literally be about a 3-hour long, hard R war epic that we figure would cost about $500 million before marketing. It's one of those "You'll only ever see it in your imagination" scripts and maybe it's best that it stays that way.

Savage Frontier was my second script I ever wrote. It was for a OWC at SS in -06. Western. General Store.

My feature legnth version of it is my best script! Extremely strong script that is completely plotted in my head. The reason I have not written it yet is that I don't feel ready as a writer to do it justice. It is a VERY strong drama. With four major "cry" moments.

Oh, forgot to mention it is a lesbian western...  :D

Pia, how can you not be ready as a writer yet? Get that thing written! As for that last part, that's nothing special. All the best ones are. =)

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
I've only ever written shorts (features coming soon) but I think if I could choose one of those shorts to be filmed exactly as I envisioned it would be the second script I ever wrote. "culture shock" was quite a personal one for me. The idea of an immigrant from Africa moving to New Zealand for a better life, only to fi d things were a little worse than expected was pretty much the story of my life at the time. I soon adapted, but the story remained personal. Its simple, yet special.

Dan

Dave Troop

• Clause
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »
I was lucky enough to have one of my MP shorts " Insomniac"  filmed last year.  Another of my MP shorts is slated for production this fall.

I am currently writing the big one.  A feature length zombie thriller/ comedy titled Hell's Bells.  It got to round two of the MP Feature contest last year.
It's just stuck in my head and the only way to get it out is to just write the darn thing.  It has a great role for Will Farrell if anyone can pass that along.