Author Topic: Things that annoy me...  (Read 810 times)

Writer Arena

• Administrator
Things that annoy me...
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
People who fart on elevators.

What's the longest elevator ride?  I googled it and couldn't find the answer so lets say 5 minutes baring a breakdown - in which case they're excused.  The idea that someone can't hold their cheeks together for five minutes instead of royally polluting everyone's limited supply of air is beyond me. 

This is true on public transport too, not quite as bad unless you're nearby, but bad.  I have a friend who was chatting with me today about his ride on a tram.  He said he was really happy an old lady sat by him rather than someone a lot younger because he can't stand noise leakage from headphones.  What he didn't count on was air leakage from the old woman.  Yes, folks, she let one rip. He said there must have been something wrong with her because he never imagined a smell so bad. 

I was laughing so hard when he told me but he was really annoyed.  Which brings me to my next annoyance.

People who laugh at me when I'm serious

I suppose what I'm saying could be construed as funny.  But I don't think so.

People who tell you it's good luck when a bird takes a crap on you

How is that good luck? 

Don't laugh,  I'm being serious.

There's this white gooey streak either on your clothes or in your hair and no matter how much you wipe it off, you never feel clean until you take a shower and then burn anything you were wearing.   Worst of all you probably can't shower because you were probably going somewhere important like a job interview or a date and there's no possible way you can be late.  I repeat, how in the world is that good luck?

I went googling and there really is no answer as to why people say that about bird excrement.  Some think it might be because the odds of a bird hitting you are kind of like winning the lottery (or being struck by lightning - more likely).   The best answer I found was “It’s considered good luck because you’re lucky that horses can’t fly.”  Yes, that about sums it up.

So what are the things that annoy you?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:46:46 PM by Writer Arena »

Daniel Botha

• Yes, I have four faces.
  • Global Moderator
Re: Things that annoy me...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »
Michael, despite you sternly telling us not to laugh, I found your post quite amusing. I held back the laughs in case you were being serious  :P

As for the things that annoy me... Oh man, there are so many. I've actually earned a reputation among friends as being the grumpy one of the group. To be honest, it's probably true. It's so easy to irritate me and I get offended quite quickly. Over the last few years, I've learned to tolerate comments with a pinch of salt, but every now and then I snap and lose it. We all need to let of steam every now and again, eh? Which brings me to my first pet peeves...

The fact that I'm a grumpy person
I hate it. It has the potential to ruin relationships with people and I'm ironically quite a friendly person. I like having good conversations with people, but they're often ruined by sudden mood swings. I'm also very conscious about first impressions. If someone gets the wrong impression of me when they first meet me, imagine how long it's going to take to get them to like me... Or at least tolerate me.

Pens that run out when I'm doing an assignment
Seriously. I live in a cold country which means most of the work I do is done in bed with a hot beverage nearby and heaters on fall blast. When that pen runs out... I have to get OUT of bed and get a new one! Or I just use it as an excuse to stop the work... On second thoughts... Maybe I like pens running out.

People who think racist jokes are somehow "OK" because it's a "joke"
Racism is never excusable. Ever. End of story. Whether you mean it in a light-hearted way, or not, I don't tolerate it. It's a topic I am particularly sensitive about.

Sniffers
Ever been in a public area with someone who can't stop sniffing from their runny nose? Most irritating things in the world. Blow your nose!!

Young kids that are too loud
Enough said. Needless to say, I could not be a primary (I think Americans call it "Elementary") school teacher. I'd have a nut.

LOLLERS
People who use text-language in normal conversations. What is with that? Talk normally, please.

I could go on. There are so many things that annoy me, but I'd rather not show my grumpy side.

Peace.

Dan

Mr. Blonde

• Sentence
  • The Bishop of Battle
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 11:58:03 PM »
Seriously, if you guys combine yourselves, you end up with me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I've always been an angry person in real life, but never online. Online me is basically the friendly me. But, I've gotten to the point where, instead of getting angry about all the small things that piss me off, I just don't give a shit anymore.

When the annoying dogs on either side of my house bark.

I love animals. Very much so. It's people that I hate. And, these fucking people never trained their dogs to do anything. On the rare occasions when I'm outside, the family with dogs to my left bark continuously if I make any sound. On the right side, the second those losers let their dog out (let's just say the dog spends more time outside than in), it immediately starts barking. Neither of them ever tell their dogs to shut up.

People when driving.

This is just a list of things of things that occur that I really can't stand. I don't care if people drive exactly the speed limit, doesn't bother me, but when they drive lower because they're unaware of what the speed limit is, that really gets to me. When you have two cars riding next to each other and you're behind them, you're trapped because neither one will pass the other. When you're on the freeway and some asshat is coming on the on-ramp at 25 miles per hour. When you're cruising along on a near-empty freeway and some guy is speeding up behind you and he doesn't move into the passing lane until he's twelve feet from you. People who don't signal. Just in general. People who, when you try and pass them because they're going slower, speed up so you can't pass them. Seriously, about a dozen times a day, without even thinking about it, I mutter to myself, "God, I hate people."

Kids.

Not just any kids. Specifically, the little bastards who live where those dogs live. They ride around on their scooters, always in front of my house, screaming like fucking banshees, riding through my yard. It's gotten so bad that whenever I hear them, whether it's talking, playing, riding, whatever, I immediately (to myself) just say, "Ugh". I'm so disgusted with them and it's just a reflex action. Happens subconsciously now and I can't even control it.

That's just a taste for now. I'll be back with volumes 2-744 in the coming days.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Pia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 03:57:46 AM »
When Guinness barks.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 11:17:07 AM »
When Guinness barks.

That's ruff! :)

Dave Troop

• Clause
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
Discarded dental flossers!

While it is commedable to use plastic dental flossers on your half hour lunch break, it really irks me to see the used device discarded on the sidewalk. 

Who are these people?

They practice good oral hygiene, then turn around and do something socially unacceptable.

Jeez.

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »
When you go into a deserted public toilet in the middle of the night and the seat is warm.
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Pia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 01:56:09 AM »
LOL!!!  I would call that creepy.

Reef Dreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 06:02:18 AM »
Present moment issue - French wifi.

You think you have paid for a service but actually it appears you owe it a favour.

Beyond present moment issue

# People who are consistently late

# clients who who Project their character disorders into the work place distorting a normal human being relationship - and they exist in droves

# when my expectations are not met - my problem, completely, but the basis of annoyance

# when my wife correctly points out a flaw in what I'm doing versus what i said I would be doing, and I have just realised it myself for the first time. Spiritual growth don't come easy.

And on the same deep meaningful path...

# when they bloody over cook my steak when i asked for it rare - the eighth deadly sin!!

And whilst I am at it.....