Author Topic: Twisted Zombie Dramas  (Read 649 times)

Writer Arena

• Administrator
Twisted Zombie Dramas
« on: June 25, 2013, 12:37:39 PM »
We all know by now what the zombie subgenre is...

Any zombie script doesn't really say much more than you should hack and slash your way out of the problem.

However, a few creative writers have decided to twist that formula and come up with a satisfying but weird sort of drama.

Here they are.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AHZxW3gsDeA?list=PL82Qm8BtwSEJHsRuK9UpbHlv-4tKd6jOx

In The Flesh

Was the first of the the zombie dramas I've seen.  What caught me was a definite inspiration from Kubrick.   To me, this would be a zombie film if Kubrick made it -- down to its very dry, sly humour about society.   This series is about reformed zombies who try to integrate back into a society that fears them.  This story is about so much more than zombies, it's about every group that has ever been shunned by society and that injustice hits you hard in the end.  It might even be about gay zombies but they treated the subject so obliquely I couldn't tell for certain if that's what they were hinting at.   I would highly recommend any one who doesn't mind giving up a bit of gore for some real story to watch this series.   

http://www.youtube.com/v/FBc_E3Pjvrs&feature=share&list=PLmRZGLKXlU2BoCyAeIAMoSC-c8MruecoP&fs=1

Les Revenants

A French take on zombies (or the returned dead but definitely inspired by zombies), this series was inspired by a movie of the same name by the same writer that was made on a cheap budget a few years back.  I haven't seen the film but the series reminds me of a French Twin peaks, full of bizarre and sometimes kinky twists and turns.  I won't tell you too much about this series, I'll let you watch it.  And whilst it isn't perfect, the last episode seems a bit rushed, it's completely worth the watch.   I've read that they are planning on remaking this series for US television, so you could always watch it then, but I can pretty much tell you already that it won't be as good as the original.

Enjoy!

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
Re: Twisted Zombie Dramas
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »
Thanks Michael,

Take a look at this up and coming short film !!!!!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/waterborne-a-short-zombie-film-with-a-zombie-kangaroo?browse_v=old_no_dropdown

Thought I had seen it all !!!!

Alex
----------------------------------------------------
It takes 15 years to be an "Overnight Success"

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT ME.

Mo

• Word
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:50:53 PM »
Hah! The chances, Alex. A good friend of mine is working on that short, he let me read the script and honestly, it wasn't all too bad. Kind of like the pilot to a webseries. I probably shouldn't say too much...

Alex

• SubAdmin
  • One Stressed Pussy
    • Alex Sarris - Screenwriter
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:42:58 PM »
Hah! The chances, Alex. A good friend of mine is working on that short, he let me read the script and honestly, it wasn't all too bad. Kind of like the pilot to a webseries. I probably shouldn't say too much...

Thanks Mo, I have no idea what the screenplay is like though a Zombie Kangaroo really did give me a giggle.

What next ?