Author Topic: Formatting question - inserting a 'corporate video'  (Read 608 times)

woobot

• Punctuation
    • Wootown studios
Formatting question - inserting a 'corporate video'
« on: April 19, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »
Hi,

I want to start a script with a 'corporate video' that showcases the different aspects of a corporation, which includes animations etc. Any suggestions how I would introduce this as with a slug line and then describe it, considering it would jump to many locations with different characters in each shot etc.?

Thanks y'all,

woobot

What, me worry?
What, me worry?

Writer Arena

• Administrator
Re: Formatting question - inserting a 'corporate video'
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »
Unless you're actually directing the film,  I would just describe it as a series of shots that highlight the important information shown.  I wouldn't get so specific about animations and such unless they are vitally important to your story (like it has to be an animation because the character hops out of the screen later and interacts with the other characters).  You should give your director some creative freedom, they do like that. 

woobot

• Punctuation
    • Wootown studios
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:20:29 PM »
Okay, but would it still need to be contained within a scene?
If so, what would the correct slug line be?
CORPORATE VIDEO?

What, me worry?
What, me worry?

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »
Whatever you need to do to make it clear.  That would be the slugline.  It might even be something like ON THE SCREEN.  If you're just opening with it, don't even say it's a video, just show the locations. And then later when we see it on a screen, say ON THE SCREEN or whatever you need to say to make it clear to us what we are seeing.  There is no right or wrong, there's just clear and unclear.

woobot

• Punctuation
    • Wootown studios
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »
Cool, thanks
What, me worry?
What, me worry?