Author Topic: Soulshadows 3  (Read 450 times)

Writer Arena

• Administrator
Soulshadows 3
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
Some of you may be familiar with Soulshadows, some of you may not.  Soulshadows is an anthology series where cursed items cause the end of those who own them.  Here's a Facebook page about the series.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soulshadows/75622289396

I'd like to resurrect this series with season 3.  We may need a new narration voice, so volunteers for that would be appreciated.

The way the episodes of this series will be picked will be via a challenge.  The best six will be the next series.  It will be scheduled later in the year.   

Any comments or suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:17:31 PM by Writer Arena »

Mr. Blonde

• The Bishop of Battle
Re: Soulshadows 3
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »
I remember reading those and it was interesting how the voices between everyone varied so greatly. Between them, you got some really good, really average and kind of terrible. Starting up season 3 is a large undertaking, Michael. What form is it going to take? I mean, is it going to remain in the same universe as the other two?
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:05:32 AM »
Same universe, different narrator - unless we can convince bert to do Tanis again.   This time, however, we are going to vote on the six scripts that compose the season so we shouldn't have terrible scripts (and I'm not certain how I'm going to work the voting yet). 

Mr. Blonde

• The Bishop of Battle
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »
Bribery. Bribery is the best policy. =)

Darren Seeley

• Letter
  • I feel the need - the need for speed!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
A new "host" eh?
I could come up with one or two. In fact, I been thinking about turning one short script of mine 'Mallory's Friend' into a wraparound for a anthology script. But I'm open to a horror host like the EC comics Cryptkeeper too.

And yes, I'm game for the challenge as well.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:01:36 PM by Darren Seeley »

Mo

• Word
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:19:03 AM »
Yep, interested as well. I'd be game for it, sounds kind of fun writing an anthology series.

Mr. Blonde

• The Bishop of Battle
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 12:36:19 PM »
I really do think it would be cool if you could entice Bert into bringing Tanis back for the wraparound again. It wouldn't be the same if you kept the same series, but didn't have the same "narrator".

Pia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 09:54:16 AM »
It'd be hard to get Bert to do it. I miss Soulshadows.  :)

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 10:05:08 AM »
I sent bert a message with a link to this thread so he knows we all want him to come back to do another round of Tanis.  Maybe, at the very least, do an intro where she hands it off to another narrator. 

bert

• Punctuation
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 06:37:11 AM »
Hi guys!  Sorry about checking in so infrequently, but these days I barely even have time for that "other site."  Lots of new responsibilities this year.

While it is very gratifying to see a little love for Tanis going on here, I am sorry to report that I will not have time to resurrect the poor girl.

But I did want to pop in and say whatever you guys decide is best for the series will be totally fine with me.  I am not going to come in here crying foul or anything.  Most of you probably know that is not how I roll.

Ironically, Cornetto, I have actually penned the episode I originally envisioned when you first suggested SoulShadows 3D so long ago.  If you could ever bring yourself to peruse that "other site", you will find that the script "Mighty Fire" fits seamlessly into the SoulShadows template -- and if you look even closer, you will even find some vestiges of the 3D effects I had considered.

Cheers all.  I will try to pop back in more often if I can.

Writer Arena

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 07:09:15 AM »
No worries, bert.  I figured you were done with Tanis but I also thought it was worth a try.   And you are allowed to mention Simply Scripts here.  I'll check out "Mighty Fire".  And, definitely, don't be a stranger.