Author Topic: Bond. James Bond.  (Read 662 times)

Dave Troop

• Clause
Bond. James Bond.
« on: December 31, 2013, 11:13:58 AM »
My wife and I had a debate about which actor was the best James Bond.
 Was it  Sean Connery or Roger Moore?  Anyone think George Lazenby?

So, who do you think was the best Bond?

And, which actor who never played Bond should have a shot at it?

Writer Arena

• Administrator
Re: Bond. James Bond.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
David Niven was the best James Bond.  Followed by Sean Connery.

Reef Dreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 03:41:37 AM »
i think its also interesting to consider which is the best baddie...now who do i like?

I was never a fan of Brosnan and felt a tad sorry for Dalton as he tried to bring in grit and muscle but they were still filming as if Roger Moore so the styling was off.

Despite my wife fantasying about Daniel Craig, i do like him. He brings more grit to it. I just hope they keep it simple and not relent to big scenes going forward.

EdBeach

• Letter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »
My vote goes to Daniel Craig (Connery's a close a second) and I'm more of an Ian Fleming fan than a fan of the films...but I still liked most of the movies.

As far as the post-Craig Bond...if Jamie Bamber could pull off the grittiness Craig brought to it, he could be the guy. 

Mr. Blonde

• Sentence
  • The Bishop of Battle
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:12:50 AM »
I can't give it to anyone but Connery. Bond is all about the way the actor carries themselves and nobody did it better.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

rookies

• Letter
  • Be nice to me, I'm new here.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 06:25:48 AM »
Roger Moore. And each screenplay with better excitement, slower pace romancing, as well as fast action.

Manowar

• Letter
  • Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy night
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »
Sean Connery with no one a close second. But second for me is Pierce Brosnan. Craig third. Moore's films had some of the best Cold War stories though, as outlandish as they were, and still have a soft spot for him. Wish that either Clive Owen (who was rumored to be the new Bond before Craig) or Henry Cavill got it. Both of whom are posh but tough in their various other respective roles. The ultimate for me would have been Mel Gibson in his heyday. Though I'm a Yank, don't think I would enjoy an American playing Bond... though UK has recently dominated in traditionally Americana roles of superheroes such as Batman, Superman, and Spiderman. Go figure.